Friday, April 10, 2009

Gingham



Who doesn't love gingham check. I have a special fondness for gingham, it comes from my childhood. My Mom use to sew a lot when I was young. She made me a purple and white gingham bedspread. With the left over fabric she made me a prairie style dress. My kindergarten picture was taken in that dress. I was stylin, wasn't I. My hair was always fixed with pigtails and set with foam rollers for special occasions. I even used gingham in my wedding. It makes me happy!






I think almost every room in my house has some gingham in it. I have gingham in curtains, pillows, lampshades, bed skirts, table runners, and the list goes on. I have a true love of gingham. It's a pattern that comes in almost any color and goes with everything. Check out the May issue of Country Living for an article on gingham. Below are some photos of mine that we adore.



The Junk Mammas


6 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Junk Mammas!

Thank you for your sweet comment :)

I love gingham too and those invitations are beautiful! Cute baby pic too :)

Happy Easter!
rue

Laura said...

Gingham is all about home, family, and memories.
What a nice blog you have.

Laura
www.whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

JMT said...

Gracie totally looks just like you!!

Free Art Printables said...

I love gingham! I love that lamp!

Once Upon a Twig said...

love your blog! Did you make the posy pins for the baby shower favors? IF so, would you be willing to do a tutorial? I have a wedding shower coming up and I'd love to do something similar for the favors.

Katherine

The Cottage Girl said...

CUTE plates in the picnic basket!!!
Your kindergarten picture is sooo perfect. My kindergarten picures was rather haphazard compared to yours. The outfit is darling.

TheCottageGirl