Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

After dealing with the H1N1 for the past three weeks, I did manage to make a peacock costume for my daughter. She has wanted to be a peacock for about 6 months, there was no talking her out of it. Excuse the poor pictures, kids and pictures on Halloween don't mix.



In process





So as a crafty Mom I broke out my hot glue gun and started to glue feathers to a cheap pair of fairy wings that I covered with black felt. Of course I glued my poor fingers a few times, man that hurts. I made a easy tutu for the skirt. And she was a happy peacock. My kids told me that is was the best Halloween ever a few times as we were trick or treating. That made gluing my fingers worth it.






This was after trick or treating, so we are a little disheveled .



And I can't leave out my little champ.



The Junk Mammas

5 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

What a great idea! I love it, I'll have to stash it away in my brain for my daughter in a couple of years :)

The Cottage Girl said...

Love the costumes! Where is yours?

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

I LOVE the peacock! How adorable is that?

A Southern Rose said...

I never thought of making a peacock costume before! That is awesome. Little 'Rocky' is adorable too!

Jamie said...

Love the peacock!! My little miss is going to be that next year like it or not!! So adorable, great idea.