Thursday, July 2, 2009

The door


I finally did it, I painted my house numbers on my door. I have seen in blog land all of your doors painted with the house numbers. It adds so much to the door.

For those of you who have not seen this done, here's what I did. First, I printed numbers from my computer. Just used ones I found in Word and inlarged them to the size I wanted. Next, I used carbon paper and and taped that and my numbers to the door. I traced over the numbers with a pencil, that left me with an outline of my numbers. Last I filled them in with a paint pen.

I love the way it turned out and it added some much needed charm to my old screen door.


The Junk Mammas

6 comments:

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I'm doing that today-or tomorrow-when the rain stops!! It looks amazing!!

Rebekah said...

I wanna do it, too! I keep waiting, thinking I'll muster up the courage to paint my door a color, first, but I guess there's no reason I couldn't paint over the numbers if I should decide to do that later. I really love this look.

Sewing-Chick said...

Very cool. You did such a nice job of paint-penning in the lines :) I'm sure mine wouldn't look nearly as good!

Cass @ That Old House said...

this looks terrific! You did a really excellent job of filling in the numbers with that paint pen -- steady hand!

And the good thing about paint is, if it doesn't turn out, you can paint over it. But yours turned out very well! Happy Junking!
(Love the story of your daughter playing rummage sale -- SO much better than her playing "Bloomingdale's!")

Cass

junkermidge said...

Love the numbers on the door! Thanks for the how-to.

Midge

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

That looks so great!! You have inspired me!
~Debra