Friday, June 12, 2009

Last day of school

I can't believe it, but it is the last day of school. I have been a tad sad because my first born will be finishing Kindergarten. OK, I have being crying at just the thought of the last day of school. I guess I am just sad because she is growing up. In Kindergarten they still have rest time, free choice, and special helpers, all the fun little kid stuff. In first grade she will be heading into more of the scholastic side. I guess she really is a big girl. Life must go on, I just will be the one hiding behind sunglasses at school today.

I did put together a easy little teacher gift. I wanted to make something to add to a gift card, so I decided on paper covered clothes pins. Added some cute little school wood thingys I bought at Micheals. I wrote the teachers name on the chalkboard, but didn't take a picture of that before I tossed in the gift bag.




The Junk Mammas

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

Now THAT is a cute and useful teacher gift!!! I love it!

Suzanne

Monica said...

That is adorable! I wish I would have thought of something like that before our school was out.

My oldest just graduated from 8th grade.. I cried for 2 days! I dread him starting high school. :( But I guess they have to grow up sometime.