Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gardening

Planting flowers and growing a vegetable garden are some of our favorite things to do in the summer. We have a large back yard and I have tried to make it cozier with planting along the fence and using non-tradition planters.

We love old garden gates. Below, I used some posts and a gate to make an entrance to my veggie garden .


The black one was found curbside, I used it on my back fence behind some perennials.

I lined my back steps with tin coffee pots that I found and some old buckets. This area does not get a lot of sun so I used impatiens and fern type plants.

Some old washtubs I found rummaging are filled with a fern and some shade blooming flowers.


Kimba's having a garden party @ A Soft Place to Land, stop on over for some great ideas or join the party.

The Junk Mammas

10 comments:

Kim said...

Love your "containers." Very inspiring!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I can't believe what people find curbside. We found a huge doll house once that we gave to some friends. Other than that, nada. I love, love, love your garden gates, especially the black curbside one. And I love all your tin containers and the beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Sabrina said...

Thanks for posting. I am envious of your veggie garden and I love the old gates decorating things. Great idea.

~~Rhonda said...

I love your tubs! So cute. I have some old ones in the garage. I'm pulling them to plant. Fun! Thanks for sharing your garden pics. ~~Rhonda
christmasnotebook.com

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

What great finds! Love the gate!

Rebekah said...

That's lovely!

sherri said...

Those garden gates remind me of the one my gramma had at her house. After she died the city bought her home and tore it down. Now I wish I had taken the gate!

a woman who is said...

Oh I am too jealous...I adore those old garden gates, and you have two!

Kimba said...

I love those gates and the tin containers!!!

Kimba

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

GREAT finds!