Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend finds and projects


We had a beautiful weekend here and the sales were all over. Many of our neighboring towns had citywide sales. We spent most of our morning on Saturday shopping.

I had this great little jar above sitting around and thought it would be the perfect place to put my daughters hair accessories. Bought a Scrabble game for $1.00 this weekend. With epoxy I attached the scrabble letters to the front and filled it up. I think this would be a great idea in the kitchen as well. You could do one for coffee, dog treats, etc....


We are always on the look out for planters. Love to put flowers in old tea pots, washtubs or anything else that can hold a little dirt. Found this silver electric coffee pot for a couple of dollors. I removed the guts and polished it up, finished it off with a plant inside.


Here are some of our other finds. A big frame, two small tables, a silver thingy and a couple pottery pieces. Working on painting the tables today, but ran out of my favorite spray paint. Kilz Casual Colors-Brown Sugar and Walmart no longer carries it. I will be making a trip to the home improvment store after I picking up my daughter at school to search for something that will work.

The Junk Mammas

5 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, you got some great treasures! Love those pottery pieces & that little round table. Lovely. Thanks for playing today. Next time if you'd link up to the party, that would be great!

Anonymous said...

Great finds, but I REALLY love the chandelier from the last post! Great blog--I'll be checking back often!
Carol

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Great finds and good ideas for them! Linda

Nicola said...

Adore that scrabble tile idea your blog makes me smile every day so I've left a blog award for you here :)
http://pmctips.blogspot.com/2009/05/etsy-treasury-blog-award.html
Nic xx

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I added as a follower, drop by my place anytime.