Monday, March 2, 2009

Daisy-Head Maize


At my daughter's school they will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday today. The children were asked to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. So after last week's Beating the Winter Blahs Week at school, each day there was a different day like mismatch day, rock star day, etc. I was a little tired of trying to figure out how to dress her everyday.

Then when I wasn't looking, inspiration hit. I was at my SIL's, celebrating my MIL's birthday. It was time to clean up my 2 year's old mess he had made in my niece's bedroom, I was putting away the books and noticed the Daisy-Head Maize. I knew that my dd had to be her for the Seuss celebration. It would be easy to pull off too. My gracious niece borrowed us the book and a video for further inspiration. We read the book immediately when we got home.

I used a daisy flower head I had around the house and hot glued it to a green pipe cleaner. Then I just wrapped the other end of the pipe cleaner around a head band. We had a pink dress, so we were all set. Technically Maize's daisy was white, but the yellow daisy was ok with my dd. She was happy, I was too.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Very Cute, I bet she had a fun week at school!