Saturday, September 20, 2008

20 little things to treasure in autum




1. A steaming hot bubble bath or shower.

2. Festivals- Our favorite is Cranberry Fest(stay turned to a series of posts on this).

3. Honey Crisp apples- Carmeled apples with nuts too!

4. Bluffs covered with shades of yellow, orange & red leaved trees.

5. Warm fuzzy sweaters & cozy slippers for the cold wood floors.

6. Cool nights.

7. Candy corn mix.

8. HALLOWEEN-LOVE IT, one of our favorite holidays!

9. Sitting by the fireplace- unfortunately, neither of us have one...bummer- love this.

10. The smell of Pumpkin Spice -Yankee Candle

11. Playing in the leaves with the kids.

12. Visiting the pumpkin patch & farmers markets.

13. Decorating with mums, pumpkins & gourds

14. Hot chocolate with mini marshmellows or whip cream! YUM!

15. Oktoberfest brats-mine with kraut-Kim, not so much.

16. Chicken dumpling soup & chili

17. Roasting marshmallows over an open fire-sound like a Christmas song doesn't it?? Oh, that is chestnuts.

18. Football games.

19. Deals on school supplies- love to buy extras for the year.

20. Last but not least, kids going back to school!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your Autumn list!
Kathy

cindy said...

Hi, I just happened by your blog, and thought I recognized Grand Dads bluff!!! As I read on I see that one of your favorite fall things is Oktoberfest!!! I then I read your profile and you are from LaCrosse!!! Surprise!...I grew up in West Salem WI. It was fun to read your blog, it reminded me of home...Thanks, ~Cindy~

janetfaye said...

I love bubble baths and candy corn!

Vee said...

Now a Cranberry Fest sounds like fun and I've never heard of one. Your list made me think of apple crisp again and this time I'll be adding walnuts.

gina said...

Your # 10 is my #2- and I'm burning one right now. :) Enjoy your fall.