Monday, December 27, 2010

Paula Deen's Potato and Ham Soap

I found this recipe online and made it with some leftover ham from Christmas, it was quick, easy and the whole family loved.

2 cups of ham cut into small pieces
5 lbs of baking potatoes peeled and diced
1/2 stick of butter
salt and pepper
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup sour cream

Put your potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, then uncover and cook on med-high 20 minutes. Reduce heat and add ham and the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Over low heat add the sour cream and half-and-half; keep warm over low heat till serving time.

I served mine with some warm bread and a veggie.

The Junk Mammas

12 comments:

The Creative Bohemian said...

Great idea! We have half a ham left. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Diane

Wesley's Girl said...

oh wow! I love the idea of sour cream in it! I'll have to try it.

Lady Liberty said...

Oh boy does this sound yummy! Added it to my recipes to try this coming year. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

Connie said...

My family love potato soup - I'm to make it very soon.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I will be making that this weekend!
Thanks so much,
Beth

mom2maya said...

This looks fabulous!

littlebitofliz said...

gotta make this, sounds good

Unknown said...

I am known as the Soup Queen in our family. Everyone asks me to bring the soup whether it be hot or cold. This receipe was so easy I was hesitant to try it. So glad I did !
It was fabulous. Some of my family sprinkled their favorite shredded cheese on top. Yummy either way !
Patricia

Unknown said...

This by far is the best Ham and potato soup recipe. I never use any other recipe! This is perfect!

Unknown said...

After making, can you freeze portions up?

Unknown said...

Brilliant simplicity. Must be close to my great grandmother's recipe. It's now the first thing I think of when I see Ham on sale.

Unknown said...

This is my GO TO recipe! I make it loaded with bacon and cheese. Family loves it!