Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sewing 101


We started our sewing class this week and we are very exited! This is one thing that we have both wanted to do for a long time, especially seeing all the great stuff you all make with you sewing machines.
We headed to class with all our supplies in hand, like little kids on the first day of school. Kinda funny how that old feeling of butterflies came back. We are in serious need of instruction because I seem to fight with my bobbin and Jenny has trouble remembering how to thread her machine .

We walked into class winded from dragging our sewing machines to the third floor and picked a place to sit. The instructor greeted us as we got settled. We were confused what she said. The instructor speaks with a heavy Russian accent. Even though my mother-in law speaks fluent Russian, I know about to two words of the language. I thought, this is going to be interesting, we don't understand sewing terms already. It just takes a few seconds some times to process what she is saying. And she is funny.

What did we learn after our first class, I still have bobbin issues and Jenny has learned to thread her machine.

Wish us luck, we are going to need it!

The Junk Mammas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi ladies! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Where to start on shopping in Minneapolis/St. Paul...well first, you must hit Bachman's to see what Ki has done there. I love Hunt & Gather on Xerxes in Mpls for antiques, also Style Minneapolis on Nicolett (I have blogged about both). We have wonderful occasional sales, if you let me know when you are coming I could tell you which ones would be going on that weekend. Happy junkin travels!

BTW - a great thrift destination is Arc Value Village in Richfield (and they just opened a store in St. Paul too!).

xo - Jill