Friday, October 31, 2008

Beatrice







You know how you have always wanted something, but really have no idea what you'd really do with it or why you must have it. You just want to have it.

I have always wanted a dress form. My husband did locate one a few years back, but it was musty and ugly gray. Then I discovered blogs and others had the same desire for a dress form. Heather's dress form at Past and Present Collection really sparked my desire for one these ladies again. And the true inspiration was from Cath at Just something I Made, she's a real artist.


So this how the story goes. We decided to try our hand a craft show and sell some jewerly. What better way to display some jewerly, but on a dress form. I got really lucky and stumbled across this super estate sale. There she was in the guest house waiting for a new home. I waited for the second day, which was half off day. I scooped Beatrice right on up for $12.50. She was a bit musty, so I frebreezed her and let her sit on my porch for a week or to air out.


I used an old dictionary and started to modge podge the pages to her. It took alot of glue, but she came together in about two nap times (about 4 hrs). Beatrice didn't have a stand, so I just followed what Cath did and used a old lamp base which we had laying around. Beatrice worked out great for the show and now I have my dress form.
The Junk Mammas

1 comment:

Cathe Holden said...

Wow!! How could you not tell me!!! I LOVE IT!! This is SO fantastic.

You made me so happy that I created a link list called:

Just Something They Made!

(Maybe tomorrow I'll make a fun graphic as a header for this list.)

Come back over to my blog and see it. Thank you so much for the really flattering things you wrote and for making me look so good with your great project.

Oh, and by the way, your blog is great and your projects are equally as inspiring!

Cathe
Just Something I Made