Saturday, September 27, 2008
We survived another year of fest, or shall I say we ate our way through it! For those of you that don't know what Cranfest is, let me tell ya. It's a festival in Warrens, Wisconsin with over 1300 hundred vendors and over 3 miles of booth frontage-flea market, arts & crafts and food-tons of really good food.
Let us start with the food, that was a REALLY big highlight of our day. We ate breakfast sandwiches, gyros, chocolate dipped cheese cake on a stick, had pina colada/banana smoothies and of course we needed something for our 45 minute ride home- so we each bought large bags of kettle corn to top it all off!
As we made our way through the 1300+ booths, we actually did make some fabulous purchases other then just the food, really we did! Purchased some FUN jewelry. Initial pendants made from scrabble letters, charms and vintage bracelets. We were suckers for all the faux stuff too- you know the fake designer purses and sunglasses-we actually purchased Paris Hilton sunglasses and Channel ones for only $10.00 each- can you believe it? what a deal!!
It was in the flea market area where we scored big time. Finding some cute wood floral things(which we plan to use soon with salvaged hooks), vintage letters and numbers, rusted license plates from the 40's and old metal cigar tins. All in all we have to say, it was another successful year at the fest
(We love the back of this booth)
The Junk Mammas
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Who doesn't love Target. I guess there are some people who don't, but that isn't us. They usually have great merchandise at a decent price. Especially when it has been marked down. From clothes to home accessories they have hip and stylish stuff all the time. And of course the popcorn at the food counter is always a good way to entertain the troops while mamma does some shopping.
We really like the John Derian home accessories. Check out his stuff online. Also you can check out this blog, Slave to Target.
The Junk Mammas
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Did a little fall overhaul in my house today. I started with the china cabinet in my dinning room(got it at a yard sale for $60.00- desperately wish I had a photo of the cabinet in it's "before" state!).
Anyways, on to the decorating-I filled my favorite black wooden bowl with real and faux pumpkins, gourds, acorns, fall sprigs, even a little squirrel and birds nest- then topped it off with a few misc. pumpkins, acorns, a distressed sign and black bird!
More fall overhaul to come....
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
10. The Dollar Store. Surprising what you can find there.
9. Family and friends. You just never know what someone was going to get rid of that you'd love- and it was right under your nose.
8. Flea markets.
7. TJ Maxx
6. Auctions. Bring your favorite chair, because this is an all day event. Before kids we went often. Now not so much. We have found some great junk. And those boxes hold some interesting treasures.
5. Estate sales. In these parts the second day is usually half off. I scooped up a cute vintage chenille bedspread. Goes great with Jenny's favorite Pottery Barn Kids bedding that she found at a BARGAIN.
4. Hobby Lobby. Especially the 90% off section.
3. Thrift stores. You know the Goodwill's, Good Stewart, Salvation Army. Etc. We we started going there 15 years ago, the pickins were better then. But still a good place to find some junk
2. Garage sales.
1. Our personal favorite- CURBSIDE-we love to get us some free junk!
Tell us about your favorite place to find good junk??